J. MICHAEL DESALOMS, MD
Dr. Desaloms graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1988 Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Liberal Arts. He then graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 1992. He completed a residency in Neurosurgery in 1998 after an internship in General Surgery at Baylor in 1993. He was Chief Resident in Neurosurgery from 1997-1998. Dr. Desaloms joined Dallas Neurosurgical & Spine in 1998 and is Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons.
He is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurosurgeons. He is also a member of the Texas Medical Association and the American Medical Association. He serves on the Board of the Northeast chapter of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association.
Dr. Desaloms lives in Dallas with his wife and children.
Office Contact Information
6101 West Plano Pkwy, Suite 100
Plano, Texas 75093
Areas of Interests
- Cerebral and spinal neurosurgery, including spinal reconstruction, minimally invasive spine surgery, brain tumors, neuroendoscopy, trigeminal neuralgia, stereotactic and functional neurosurgery, movement disorder surgery, epilepsy surgery and Gamma Knife radio surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery, Board Certified
- Undergraduate – University of Texas
- Medical School – Baylor College of Medicine
- Internship – Baylor College of Medicine/General Surgery
- Residency – Baylor College of Medicine/Neurosurgery
- Fellowship – The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Tx/Stereotactic Surgery for Movement Disorders
Affiliations & Memberships
- American College of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Member, Board of Directors
American Parkinson’s Disease Association
Northeast Texas Chapter