DAVID W. BARNETT, MD
Neurosurgery - Spine
Dr. David Barnett has practiced at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas since 1996. He currently serves as the chief of Neurological Surgery at Baylor University Medical Center and is the former secretary of the medical staff. Dr. Barnett’s research on neurological disorders and therapies has been published widely in such publications as Contemporary Neurosurgery and Clinical Cancer Research and Neurosurgery, and he has been invited to speak throughout the country on innovations in neuropathology. Dr. Barnett has been named among the Best Doctors in Dallas in D Magazine and the Best Texas Physicians in Texas Monthly.
Office Contact Information
Texas Neurosurgery, LLP
3600 Gaston Ave., Suite 907 Barnett Tower
Dallas, Texas 75246
Areas of Interests
Conditions of herniated discs in the cervical and lumbar spine, tumors of the brain and spine, vascular malformations, pituitary tumors and Chiari malformations.
- Undergraduate School- Texas Tech University-Graduated Cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry.
- Medical School – University of Texas Southwestern Medical School-Graduated with Alpha Omega Alpha honors.
- Internship – Emory University in Atlanta
- Residency – Emory University in Atlanta-Served as chief resident.
- Board-Certified in Neurological Surgery
Affiliations & Memberships
- Texas Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.