Robert G. Viere, MD
Dr. Viere has performed spinal surgery in the Dallas area for more than 20 years. As a board certified Orthopedic surgeon who is a member of the North American Spine Society, he is a physician who understands the challenges patients face when confronting neck and back pain.
He has a special interest in complex problems involving the cervical spine and accepts referrals for postoperative spinal problems. He also treats adult scoliosis. Dr. Viere also performs minimally invasive spinal procedures.
Dr. Viere has been honored as one of the “Best Doctors in Dallas”, as well “Best Doctors in America”, the gold standard of physician quality. In addition, he has been voted one of the “Texas Super Doctors” as featured in Texas Monthly Magazine.
Office Contact Information
Texas Spine Consultants, L.L.P.
17051 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 400
Addison, TX 75001
Areas of Interests
- Complex problems involving the cervical spine and adult scoliosis
- Undergraduate – University of Minnesota
- Medical School – University of Minnesota Medical School
- Internship – University of Texas Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals/General Surgery
- Residency – University of Texas Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals/Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Case Western Reserve University: University of Cleveland and Veterans Administration Medical Center/Spine Fellowship
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, Texas/Chief Spinal Cord Injury Unit
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center July 1990-Present
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Director of Resident Basic Science Education
- Texas Women’s University, Dallas, Texas Dec. 1986-May 1988
- Adjunct Professor of Occupational and Physical Therapy/Graduate & Masters Studies, Occupational Therapy and Graduate Studies, Physical Therapy
- Clinical elective in Spinal Cord Injury at VA Regional Spinal Cord Injury Unit, Cleveland, Ohio July 1989- June 1990