All imaging patients should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to procedure time to complete registration paperwork. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and leave all metallic objects at home.
Walk-in patients are accommodated between scheduled patients if time is available:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Ultrasound
8:00 am – 6:00 pm MRI, CT, Diagnostic Radiology
Brain, Head, Neck, Chest and Extremities
- CT with contrast: Do not consume anything 6 hours prior to exam.
- CT without contrast: No preparation is required.
Spine – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
- No preparation is required.
Abdominal / Pelvis, Kidneys and Retroperitoneal
- Do not consume anything 6 hours prior to exam.
- You may take medications with a small amount of water, if necessary.
Obstetrical and Pelvic
- Empty your bladder 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, then drink 32 oz of clear liquid 1 hour prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not empty your bladder after you have consumed the required 32 oz of clear liquid or your ultrasound may be delayed or canceled.
- Do not consume solid food or any dairy products 8 hours prior to your appointment.
- You may drink clear liquids up until the time of your exam.
MRI & X-Ray
No preparation is required.